Friday, June 12, 2009

Oh, giddyness {shabby blogs lovin}

Check these out. Seriously, who knew such a cute thing existed??

Lengthy backstory:
Here, Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere says she's reading New Moon (!!! do I need to say more??), and then the first commenter on her blog wrote that STEPHENIE MEYER IS MOVING DOWN THE ROAD FROM HER! I was all, No effing way -- although really, I don't what I'd do if we were neighbors anyway, b/c I don't even really talk to my own, let alone someone who's imaginary world I want to invade take over pop in, every now and then.

A-hem, then I popped over to the commenters blog (she's only 18! wtf SM is moving down the street from her?) --

BUT. POINT: aren't these backgrounds *amazing*?? For someone who has *no*idea* how to do this kind of design (and really, whose day job (1) takes too much time to learn how to or research what all's available and (2) does not pay enough to pay someone to create a design) -- THESE SHABBY CHIC BACKGROUNDS ARE AWESOME!

Seriously. I can't even tell you how long I've sat at my computer this morning, playing around with backgrounds + updating + trying to figure out what photographs I already have so I don't have to figure out how to credit someone with a gorgeous image for my header (thanks, Bee + Y, btw, for the hand of sea glass, that's sooo my fave image, well, the beach is gorgeous too) + THEN I realized they've got headers too!!!

Now if only I can figure out how to center it maybe? Oooooh, and then post dividers?? AND TAGS ON THE SIDE! Oh jeebus.

If I could figure out how to make *all* of these work and not care about colors:


No comments:

More Treasures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin