Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wedding advice


I have no idea when I'm going to shake this obsession fascination with weddings. One of my co-workers speculates it's because I got married in Vegas -- but honestly, my wedding was gorgeous + fabulous + stress-free in planning -- And I look at photos of myself + my girls + my hubs + his groomsmen + our family + friends who made it -- And I think, "Incredible."

Okay, if I had to do it over again? I would:
  • Get a manicure. And if I could, squeeze in a pedicure.
  • Say, "Yes, thank you so much for offering to help! Please cut these bouquets here after tying them together here..."
  • Tell my photographer to take photos of my sister -- I know, she's not one-half of a couple, but she's one of the most important people there. And please take photos of these specific people too. . .
  • Cut my bouquet shorter, so it would be more of a hand bouquet than an arm bouquet!
  • Attach less faux pearls to my veil :D And glue one pearl on my necklace chain that kept slipping!
  • Tell the DJ to please *not* play the Aggie War Hymn as our entrance song :D, but at some other time!
But seriously -- who cares about these things? Especially now, 4 years later :D? Well, other than wanting my sister to be in more photos :D (But with 900 from our photographer, not to mention all the ones our guests took, this also doesn't really matter -- sorry, Sis!)

I just read a post this weekend that was *so* perfect, as far as wedding advice -- check it out here.

In a nutshell, it's so easy to say, but really: take time for yourself, and enjoy the day you & your significant other + your family + your friends have *all* set aside to celebrate you + your love. And Celebrate!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Instead of sleeping I am blog stalking you. I love that pic at the Las Vegas sign. You must blow it up very big and put is somewhere lots of people can see it. Just FYI. So get on it.

More Treasures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin