Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sharing the love! {lanalou style}


Eeeeeeeeee. I can't say how ecstatic I am to have gotten a blog award from Lana of lanalou style, one of my faves!!! Really, a little ridiculously excited, but hey, doesn't everyone want to start off their day a little ridiculously excited (or lots!) :)?

So, to accept this award, here are 10 fabulous things about me (okay, they don't have to be fabulous, but hey, we can alter this award as it gets passed on a bit, right :D? and Lana's things were pretty fabulous -- strawberry tattoo!), and I'll pass the award on to the awesome girls below...

1. My sister and I share the same birthday, but we were born one year apart -- and, for about 4 hours, we're the same age :)!

2. My most celebrity moment of my life was when a little girl recognized me while I was at the zoo with friends, because I was an "astronaut" she'd met the day before -- read, I worked at Space Center Houston as one of the entertainment + cashier staff, and wore a flight suit for this job :D Kids thought all the time that we were astronauts, it was terrific. Oh, the days.

3. I laugh out loud at (good) commercials. And by laugh out loud, I mean bust a gut, my laugh echoes off our walls.

4. I love reading, especially books that can make you cry -- sometimes the ones that kinda get you choked up a bit but you feel you can hold in the tears, and then *later* when you're like, "Oh, forget it," and you have to set down the book to really sob it all out. Um, you guys don't read books like this?

5. I got married in Las Vegas, at the top of The Stratosphere... and bought my bridesmaids pink toe rings to wear. They all laughed when I told them to wear them, and I (still) don't quite get why, hmm.... :D

6. My law girlfriends & I sometimes work on our "business plans" to open up a resort someday, and we all fantasize about teaching pottery, yoga, flute lessons, baking, and water aerobics. We've recently expanded our plans to include a television show -- and when it comes out, y'all will *love* it :D

7. I studied in Denmark for a semester in college; the best things about that trip study abroad was my host family + good friends + hitting up Russia (when else are you going to do that!) + completing a 60 km bike ride around a Danish isle (never gonna happen again)!

8. I like to think I'm crafty (like jewerly making) and a good baker.

9. When I was a kid, my dreams were to (1) ride in a rainbow-colored hot air balloon, (2) go ice skating, and (3) ride a horse. I hit #2 (whoo!) last year, and have 2 more of those dreams to go :)

10. The art I enjoy most is photography: water, mountains, trees, flowers, and people.

Okay, randomness, and not very brief. Oh well, what else is new :)

Here's who I'm tagging, although perhaps they've already been tagged :D
Rachel of Lovely Clusters, Abbie of A Glimpse of the Girl Next Door, Cara of Peonies and Polaroids, Rachel of Heart of Light, and Julie of Belle Maison.

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Good ones! I'm big on #3. :) I want to ride in a hot air balloon, too... we have festivals for them here, and I still haven't been!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

#7, how amazing!

Rachel Follett said...

Love your answers. Thanks so much for the award! You are too kind!

Lana said...

Very cool, far from boring! Loved your 10 things!

More Treasures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin