Tuesday, November 10, 2009

{cinnamon roll recipe}

This is delicious.  I know, I say I love food, and yet I don't think I've ever shared a recipe (except that chocolate cake in a mug!) -- But, I have to clean up my work computer, and this was a recipe I snagged from a co-worker, whose cinnamon rolls I absolutely fell in love with.

Her email said it wasn't too much work, but... I don't know.  Regardless, here's to success (and de.licious.cinnamon.rolls.)




DOUGH

1 package yeast
1 cup warm milk (not too hot, not too cold)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour

1. Heat milk in the microwave about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. If its too hot, it will kill the yeast; if too cold the yeast won't activate.
2. Pour milk over yeast in large bowl; let set for a few minutes while yeast dissolves in milk.
3. Mix melted butter, sugar, and eggs in small bowl; then add that mixture to the yeast and milk.
4. Gradually stir in flour; add salt.
5. Knead dough about 5 minutes until almost smooth. Form into ball, cover and let rise about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
6. Once dough has risen, roll into a 20x15 rectangle.

FILLING
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/3 cup butter (softened)

HINT: I never actually measure any of the filling ingredient. Once I have the dough rolled out, I smear butter over the top with my hands or a pastry brush (depending on my mood), cover that with brown sugar (generously), and then sprinkle cinnamon all over that.

Roll the dough from the long side (so that you have a 15 inch jelly roll looking thing). You can cut them however thick you want them. I cut a dozen and they make big fat yummy rolls.

Put them in a greased 13x9 baking pan. Let them rise another 30 to 45 minutes. Bake at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Frosting

7 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
2 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla

HINT: I use less butter (4-5 tablespoons) and more cream cheese :o)

**Note: I changed a bit of punctuation, but other than that, directly copy-pasted from my co-worker's email.  And remember, I haven't tried to make this, so um you can ask questions, but I probably won't know the answer :D  Maybe we can all try making this together sometime, and pow-wow-virtually about it later, hmm?  Good luck! Let me know your thoughts if you try this!


No comments:

More Treasures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin