Monday, January 11, 2010

Good morning!

blue-white-blue
{by me! and everything below, too, except as noted}


What a crazy beautiful week I've had away!  Everywhere I turned, everything was simply gorgeous.  In photographs, here was my fabulous break.

boards

Steamboat!

Steamboat!

bed and light

peace

Yesterday, I recovered from it all, curling up in the wee hours of the morning and all afternoon + evening.

by tojosan

But definitely one of the bestest parts of the trip: meeting Abbie of A Glimpse of the Girl Next Door.



As Abbie mentioned, I'm a bit stealth around here about self-details, mostly because I've seen some crazy crazy things happen through my lucky career choices.  But something about Abbie is just so darn likeable -- like tracking down that vintage car (how did that go, I meant to ask!), and comforting me about my high school reunion stress-out, and knowing Kate & Leopold when I randomly asked about that elevator/Meg Ryan business :D  Anyway, I'd told my friends + the hubs (hey, I'd recommend the same to each of you when arranging meet-ups!), and we excitedly decided between a couple lunch places that served fabulous cinnamon rolls would be a perfect place to meet!  Unfortch, no cinnamon rolls left by lunchtime, but that was perfectly fine -- I didn't have any room for it, for sure! 

Of course, better than the food was sitting down and catching up with Abbie -- that's how it felt to me: like getting together with an old friend, so ridiculously easy and comfortable without (too much :D) thinking.  I have to admit, there were a couple times when I couldn't help but think, "Gosh, you're pretty." I know, creepy -- er, sorry, but hey -- I'm now safely several states away :D  Seriously, though, it was delightful to meet someone so open and who just made me feel Good to be me -- after a week of fighting with a mountain (seriously, I don't know what I was thinking would change after 3 previous years' attempts at snowboarding), connecting with a new friend over an entire range of topics, sprinkled with a healthy dose of laughter and a touch of somberness was just delightful.  And for real, anyone who thinks, "I just want to punch them in the face!" at irksome people is for sures a friend in my book.  Well, depending on tone :D, and likelihood of carrying that out --

A-hem, anyway: cheers to meeting new/old friends :), and to a fabulous Monday!


3 comments:

Abbie said...

LOVE all of the pics!! I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to take your camera out of your pocket on the hill. ;) Cannot believe you mentioned my Ally McBeal comment. Too hilarious. I'm not really violent... I promise! Glad to hear you had safe travels! Definitely keep in touch!

Rachel Follett said...

What a beautiful photo you took! Loving all the blue! I wish I could play in the snow. :(

Punctuation Mark said...

love those snow pics... here is Florida even though it's been pretty cold it never snows... ;)

More Treasures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin