This salad converted me to loving salads. Okay, and a good Cobb Salad, but that's really just some greens tossed w/ meat + egg + cheese + olives, right? mmmm.
Right, back on topic.
Warm Tortellini and Cherry Tomato Salad
"Extra-virgin olive oil and two kinds of vinegar make an easy, classic dressing for this pasta-and-vegetable salad. You can also try this with chicken or mushroom tortellini or cheese ravioli."
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch-long) slices fresh asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) pregrated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus to pasta during last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain.
While pasta cooks, combine vinegars, oil, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pasta mixture, arugula, and remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Calories: 403 (26% from fat)
- Fat: 11.6g (sat 5.7g,mono 4.4g,poly 0.6g)
- Protein: 21.7g
- Carbohydrate: 52.4g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 725mg
- Calcium: 415mg