Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day



Goodness.  I can't say thank you enough to all of you in the military services who give so much for us.

SimplyInvitingCards

For anyone else interested: I found some beautiful photographs at Time/Life -- I definitely teared up when I saw this collection of homecomings for troops

And, while I know Veterans Day originated to honor the end of World War I, then ultimately became a holiday to honor veterans of all wars, and not just those deceased, the Life collection "Troops Honoring Fallen Comarades" is so touching, too.



And if any of you out there have the time, I encourage you to join me tonight in watching The Way We Get By tonight -- for us CST folk, it's on at 8p.  Check out your local PBS listings for your channel and air times.


No comments:

More Treasures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin