Friday, August 06, 2010

Happy Friday!

Seriously, I'm so lucky. Not just because I knocked out that uber-scary deal Wednesday, but because I have the kinds of friends who celebrate with me with, say, tres leches cupcakes!



{photo by me, cupcake from J. Golden*}

And margaritas in a teeny, not-so-much-air-conditioned-but-still-fun spot!


Margarita at Uncle Julio's
(c) Fuzzy Gerdes




And later tonight: dinner at my place!

(c) e.t.




popeyes chicken strips
(c) Grace

(except this will actually be Church's, but there just aren't any good photos of Church's tenders out there -- but seriously, if you haven't had those, they are delicious. Heart attack a near certainty, true, but mmm.)

What better friends can a girl ask for :)?

And, lest you think that I am uber self-centered and all about celebrating me (even if I am, so?) -- my best friend is coming into town with her hubs on Sunday and staying with us a couple days, before she gets to actualize her dream of MOVING TO THE BIG APPLE, WOOT!


knotworkshop

So, I thought it would be fantastic to finally get to try out my Magnolia cookbook -- but then Snippet & Ink linked to Smitten Kitchen, who already did this test run. So I'll save my novice attempt and follow her adaptation -- yea, fantastic bakers!

(c) Smitten Kitchen

Here is to hoping all of you have fantastic weekends!!



*okay, this is that venture I talked about way back when -- I started this off for J. Golden's birthday present, since she just celebrated her golden birthday. Pop on over now and then -- it's not quite up and running yet (since the first 2 posts are mine, hee!), but I think it's going to be a fun space we share photos, a little fun, and who knows what else :) Cheers!

1 comment:

OneCraftyFox said...

You lucky girl! Great friends, and great plans... have an amazing weekend :)

More Treasures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin